Dalton in Whitfield County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
The Huﬀ House
Marker series. This marker is included in the United Daughters of the Confederacy marker series.
Location. 34° 46.533′ N, 84° 58.167′ W. Marker is in Dalton, Georgia, in Whitfield County. Marker is on North Selvidge Street 0 miles south of Hawthorn Street, on the right when traveling north. Click for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 314 North Selvidge Street, Dalton GA 30720, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. General Cleburne’s Proposal to Arm Slaves (here, next to this marker); Tristam Dalton (approx. ¼ mile away); Western and Atlantic Railroad Depot (approx. ¼ mile away); George Whitefield (approx. 0.3 miles away); Joseph E. Johnston Memorial (approx. 0.3 miles away); Fort Hill (approx. 0.4 miles away); African-American Soldiers in Combat (approx. 0.4 miles away); Hamilton House (approx. 0.4 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Dalton.
Regarding The Huff House. A local historian believes the marker was installed in the early 1930s, possibly by the United Daughters of the Confederacy. The marker is mentioned in Georgia The WPA Guide to Its Towns and Countryside, published in 1940 (page 303).
Categories. • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 786 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.