Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Strongsville in Cuyahoga County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
 

Town Hall and School Building

 
 
Town Hall and School Building NRHP Marker image. Click for full size.
By William Fischer, Jr., June 5, 2011
1. Town Hall and School Building NRHP Marker
Inscription.
This property has been placed on the
National Register
of Historic Places

by the United States
Department of the Interior
Town Hall &
School Building
1879

New Town Hall & School Building

Dedicated December 31, 1879
Construction Costs $3,945.00
Trustees: E.H. Reed, O.D. Pomeroy,
Wm. Richard
Builder: Robert W. Henry

On firm foundation laid, In stateliness arrayed
Welcome New Hall!
Which we now dedicate, To uses good and great
Approved by all.
A princely edifice, Yet plain in style as this
Speaks well for you,
Who love not vain displays, And keep as good highways
As one e'er know.
Its owners such around. As in the townships bound
Hold legal share.
Their money, here well spent, Had bought a good per cent.
For this none care.
Who welcome to their town, Her ornament and crown.
And well unite
In feeling a just pride, That here is typified
A beacon light.

From Rev. O.W. White's dedication poem.

Rededicated December 31, 2008
Thomas P. Perciak, Mayor

 
Erected 2008 by City of Strongsville.
 
Location. 41° 18.859′ N, 81° 50.035′ 
Town Hall and School Building Marker image. Click for full size.
By William Fischer, Jr., June 5, 2011
2. Town Hall and School Building Marker
W. Marker is in Strongsville, Ohio, in Cuyahoga County. Marker is on Royalton Road (Ohio Route 82) near Pearl Road (U.S. 42), on the right when traveling east. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Strongsville OH 44136, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Pomeroy House (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); Berea Sandstone Quarries (approx. 3.7 miles away); The “Big Quarry” (approx. 3.7 miles away); The Berea Triangle (approx. 3.7 miles away); First Congregational United Church of Christ of Berea (approx. 3.8 miles away); Lyceum Square (approx. 3.8 miles away); Berea District Seven School (approx. 4 miles away); Baldwin University (approx. 4.2 miles away).
 
Also see . . .  The Founding of Strongsville, Ohio. (Submitted on July 21, 2011, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
 
Categories. Notable Buildings
 
Town Hall and School Building and Markers image. Click for full size.
By William Fischer, Jr., June 5, 2011
3. Town Hall and School Building and Markers
 
 
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 296 times since then and 3 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3. submitted on , by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.
Paid Advertisement