Macon in Bibb County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Erected 1956 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 011-9.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 32° 50.294′ N, 83° 37.678′ W. Marker is in Macon, Georgia, in Bibb County. Marker is at the intersection of Mulberry Street and 2nd Street, on the right when traveling west on Mulberry Street. Click for map. The marker stands at the Mulberry Street entrance to the Bibb County Courthouse. Marker is at or near this postal address: 601 Mulberry Street, Macon GA 31201, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers Jefferson Davis at the Lanier House (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Wilson's Raid To Macon (about 400 feet away); The First Presbyterian Church (about 400 feet away); Christ Church (about 500 feet away); Mulberry Street Methodist Church (about 600 feet away); The March to the Sea (about 700 feet away); First Public Camellia Show (approx. 0.2 miles away); Post 3 Macon (approx. 0.2 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Macon.
Also see . . . Bibb County website. (Submitted on July 25, 2011, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia.)
Categories. • Political Subdivisions •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 587 times since then and 94 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.