Medford in Burlington County, New Jersey — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Two One-Room Schools
School in 1848. He became the
teacher in 1854. Eastern was
moved from across the road in
1901. Next Kirby’s Mill School
operated there until 1918.
Erected by Medford Historic Advisory Board. (Marker Number 54.)
Location. 39° 55.169′ N, 74° 47.821′ W. Marker is in Medford, New Jersey, in Burlington County. Marker is at the intersection of Church Road and Eayrestown Road, on the right when traveling east on Church Road. Click for map. Marker is located at the southeast corner of the intersection. Marker is in this post office area: Medford NJ 08055, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Kirby’s Mill (approx. half a mile away); Sandtown (approx. half a mile away); The Sawyer’s House (approx. half a mile away); The Nehemiah Haines House (approx. half a mile away); The John Haines House (approx. 0.6 miles away); Dr. Still’s Office (approx. 1.5 miles away); Peacock Cemetery (approx. 1.5 miles away); The Village of Chairville (approx. 1.5 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Medford.
Also see . . . Historic Sites in Medford, NJ. (Submitted on July 24, 2011, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.)
Categories. • Education •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 253 times since then and 54 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on , by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.