Medford in Burlington County, New Jersey — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
1766, the ironworks closed
in 1773. The site included
sawmill, gristmill, smithy
and 9000 acres of land.
Erected by Medford Historic Advisory Board. (Marker Number 19.)
Location. 39° 51.745′ N, 74° 48.269′ W. Marker is in Medford, New Jersey, in Burlington County. Marker is on Stokes Road (County Route 541) south of Mohawk Trail, on the left when traveling south. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Medford NJ 08055, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Cross Keys Tavern (approx. 1.2 miles away); Stratton Burying Ground (approx. 1.7 miles away); Powder Explosion (approx. 1.9 miles away); Oliphant’s Mill (approx. 2.1 miles away); The John Peacock House (approx. 2.3 miles away); Cross Keys School (approx. 2.3 miles away); Glassworkers’ Homes (approx. 2.3 miles away); Star Glass Works (approx. 2.3 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Medford.
Also see . . . Historic Sites in Medford, NJ. West Jersey History Project website. (Submitted on July 24, 2011, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.)
Categories. • Colonial Era • Industry & Commerce •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 583 times since then and 32 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on , by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.