Medford in Burlington County, New Jersey — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
sawmill / gristmill complex
in 1763. Five generations
of Oliphants operated the
mill for over 90 years.
Erected by Medford Historic Advisory Board. (Marker Number 4.)
Location. 39° 53.106′ N, 74° 49.811′ W. Marker is in Medford, New Jersey, in Burlington County. Marker is at the intersection of Himmelein Road and Mill Street, on the left when traveling west on Himmelein Road. Click for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 108 Himmelein Road, Medford NJ 08055, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Cross Keys School (approx. 0.4 miles away); Stratton Burying Ground (approx. half a mile away); Glassworkers’ Homes (approx. 0.6 miles away); Star Glass Works (approx. 0.6 miles away); Braddock’s Landing (approx. 0.7 miles away); The Dr. R. S. Braddock House (approx. 0.8 miles away); The Stratton/Braddock House (approx. 0.9 miles away); The William Dyer House (approx. 0.9 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Medford.
Also see . . . Historic Sites in Medford, NJ. West Jersey History Project website. (Submitted on July 24, 2011, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.)
Categories. • Colonial Era • Industry & Commerce •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 497 times since then and 23 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on , by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.