Medford in Burlington County, New Jersey — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
on the Rancocas. Before 1800
iron and charcoal were unloaded
here from wagon to barge for
shipment to Philadelphia.
Erected by Medford Historic Advisory Board. (Marker Number 7.)
Location. 39° 53.623′ N, 74° 49.479′ W. Marker is in Medford, New Jersey, in Burlington County. Marker is on Mill Street, on the right when traveling south. Click for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 20 Mill Street, Medford NJ 08055, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Star Glass Works (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Glassworkers’ Homes (about 500 feet away); The Dr. R. S. Braddock House (about 600 feet away); The Stratton/Braddock House (approx. 0.2 miles away); The William Dyer House (approx. ¼ mile away); The Owen Stratton House (approx. ¼ mile away); Cross Keys School (approx. ¼ mile away); Main Street Meeting House (approx. 0.3 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Medford.
Also see . . . Historic Sites in Medford, NJ. West Jersey History Project website. (Submitted on July 25, 2011, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.)
Categories. • Industry & Commerce • Waterways & Vessels •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 326 times since then and 25 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on , by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.