Near Hartwell in Hart County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Parkertown - 1832
Erected 1954 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 073-1.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. Marker has been reported missing. It was located near 34° 27.617′ N, 83° 2.502′ W. Marker was near Hartwell, Georgia, in Hart County. Marker was on Shoal Creek Church Road (County Route 245) 0 miles south of Bill Lucas Road, on the right when traveling north. Click for map. Marker was in this post office area: Hartwell GA 30643, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 10 miles of this location, measured as the crow flies. Shoal Creek (approx. 1.5 miles away); Vandiver Bridge (approx. 1.9 miles away in South Carolina); Poplar Springs Baptist Church Capt. Samuel Earle (approx. 7.9 miles away in South Carolina); Red Hollow Road (approx. 8.3 miles away); Double Branches Baptist Church (approx. 8.3 miles away); Nazareth on the Beaverdam Presbyterian Church / Townville Presbyterian Church (approx. 8.4 miles away in South Carolina); Carroll’s Methodist Church (approx. 9.1 miles away).
Categories. • Antebellum South, US • Industry & Commerce • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 907 times since then and 27 times this year. Last updated on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. Photos: 1. submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. 2. submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.