Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Dobie in Barron County, Wisconsin — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
 

Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Church

 
 
Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Church Marker image. Click for full size.
By Keith L, July 21, 2011
1. Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Church Marker
Inscription. The congregation for this church traces its roots back to 1870 when people first held services in their homes in what was originally called Stanfold. This community later became Dobie. Their first Catholic church was built in 1876 but was destroyed by fire in 1895. Services were then held in a temporary structure until the present church was completed in 1904. The name of the church reflects the French ancestry of many early parishioners.

Erected 2001
Wisconsin Historical Society

 
Erected 2001 by the Wisconsin Historical Society. (Marker Number 469.)
 
Marker series. This marker is included in the Wisconsin Historical Society marker series.
 
Location. 45° 33.23′ N, 91° 40.974′ W. Marker is in Dobie, Wisconsin, in Barron County. Marker is on 23rd Street 0.1 miles north of 24th Avenue, on the right when traveling north. Click for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 2411 23rd Street, Rice Lake WI 54868, United States of America.
 
Also see . . .  Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Church. (Submitted on July 28, 2011.)
 
Categories. Churches, Etc.
 
Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Church Marker image. Click for full size.
By Keith L, July 21, 2011
2. Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Church Marker
Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Church image. Click for full size.
By Keith L, July 21, 2011
3. Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Church
Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Church image. Click for full size.
By Keith L, July 21, 2011
4. Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Church
Nearby Bell image. Click for full size.
By Keith L, July 21, 2011
5. Nearby Bell
Original bell of Our Lady of Lourdes first church which was built in 1876 and destroyed by fire in 1895.
 
 
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Keith L of Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin. This page has been viewed 608 times since then and 5 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on , by Keith L of Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.
Paid Advertisement