Shelton in Buffalo County, Nebraska — The American Midwest (Upper Plains)
Erected 1931 by Shelton Chapter, Daughters of the American Revolution.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Daughters of the American Revolution marker series.
Location. 40° 46.804′ N, 98° 44.037′ W. Marker is in Shelton, Nebraska, in Buffalo County. Marker is at the intersection of U.S. 30 and South C Street, on the left when traveling west on U.S. 30. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Shelton NE 68876, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 8 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Meisner Bank Building (within shouting distance of this marker); Joseph E. Johnson and the Huntsmanís Echo (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Original Townsite of Wood River (approx. 4.5 miles away); The Soldiers Free Homestead Colony (approx. 6.2 miles away); Memorial Tree (approx. 6.3 miles away); Gibbon (approx. 6.3 miles away); First Buffalo County Court House (approx. 6.3 miles away); Wood River Veterans Memorial (approx. 7.4 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Shelton.
Categories. • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Charles T. Harrell of Woodford, Virginia. This page has been viewed 386 times since then and 28 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on , by Charles T. Harrell of Woodford, Virginia. 3, 4, 5. submitted on , by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.