Columbus in Muscogee County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Philip Trammell Shutze
Erected 1992 by The Historic Chattahoochee Commission, the Historic Columbus Foundation, and the West Georgia Chapter of the American institute of Architecture.
Location. 32° 28.048′ N, 84° 59.247′ W. Marker is in Columbus, Georgia, in Muscogee County. Marker is on Veterans Parkway (U.S. 27) 0 miles north of 11th Street, on the right when traveling north. Click for map. The marker stands in front of the Georgia Power office. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1112 Veterans Parkway, Columbus GA 31901, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. Church of the Holy Family (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); First Baptist Church (about 800 feet away); Confederate Memorial Day (approx. 0.2 miles away); Columbian Lodge No. 7, Free & Accepted Masons Columbus, Georgia (approx. 0.2 miles away); Temple Israel (approx. 0.2 miles away); Sixth Avenue Passenger Station (approx. 0.2 miles away); St. James AME Church (approx. 0.2 miles away); First Presbyterian Church (approx. ¼ mile away). Click for a list of all markers in Columbus.
Regarding Philip Trammell Shutze.
As a young man Shutze worked for the firm of Hal Hentz, Neel Reid and Rudolph Adler, referenced on the marker as Atlanta's premier firm. Shutze became an associate in the firm in 1926, after Reed's death, and a junior partner in 1927, when the firm became Hentz, Adler & Shutze.
Also see . . . Philip Trammell Shutze - The New Georgia Encyclopedia. (Submitted on August 4, 2011, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia.)
Additional keywords. architect, architecture
Categories. • Notable Persons •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 354 times since then and 51 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.