Columbus in Muscogee County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Sixth Avenue Passenger Station
Erected 1985 by The Historic Chattahoochee Commission and Historic Columbus Foundation.
Location. 32° 28.164′ N, 84° 59.072′ W. Marker is in Columbus, Georgia, in Muscogee County. Marker is on Sixth Avenue 0 miles north of 12th Street, on the right when traveling north. Click for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1200 Sixth Avenue, Columbus GA 31901, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Philip Trammell Shutze (approx. 0.2 miles away); Church of the Holy Family (approx. 0.2 miles away); Last Land Battle in War of 1861-65 (approx. 0.3 miles away); St. James AME Church (approx. 0.3 miles away); Tyler Home (approx. 0.3 miles away); First Baptist Church (approx. 0.3 miles away); Martin J. Crawford (approx. 0.3 miles away); “Columbus Stockade Blues” (approx. 0.3 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Columbus.
Regarding Sixth Avenue Passenger Station. The depot was rehabilitated by Total System Services (TSYS) as office space; it is now occupied by the Greater Columbus Area Chamber of Commerce.
Also see . . . Columbus Depots. Old photos of Sixth Avenue Passenger Station (Submitted on August 8, 2011, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia.)
Categories. • Railroads & Streetcars •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 360 times since then and 75 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7. submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.