1922 ~ 1952
Central was consolidated with Ashwood School in 1952. The building was then named West Lee and was used as an elementary school until 1962.
Erected 1964 by Former students, teachers, workers and friends of the school.
Location. 34° 9.511′ N, 80° 25.276′ W. Marker is near Manville, South Carolina, in Lee County. Marker is on Central School Road (South Carolina Route 31-313), on the right when traveling south. Click for map. between Ella Lane and Roberts Drive. Marker is in this post office area: Bishopville SC 29010, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 9 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Skirmish at Spring Hill (approx. one mile away); Rembert Church (approx. 5.8 miles away); Rembert Cemetery (approx. 5.8 miles away); The Cleveland School Fire (approx. 6.8 miles away); John C. West Boyhood Home
Categories. • Education •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Anna Inbody of Columbia, South Carolina. This page has been viewed 283 times since then and 52 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on , by Anna Inbody of Columbia, South Carolina. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.