Dillsboro in Dearborn County, Indiana — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
The town was laid out by Mathias Whetstone in 1830, and named for General James Dill, soldier in the War of 1812, first county recorder, a member of the Indiana 1816 Constitutional Convention, military associate and friend of Generals William Henry Harrison, Arthur St. Clair and Captain Samuel C. Vance.
Erected 1976 by Dearborn County Bicentennial Committee.
Location. 39° 1.162′ N, 85° 3.662′ W. Marker is in Dillsboro, Indiana, in Dearborn County. Marker is at the intersection of Front Street and Bank Street, on the left when traveling north on Front Street. Click for map. Located at the Town Office and Fire Station. Marker is in this post office area: Dillsboro IN 47018, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 10 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. A Voice of the Community (here, next to this marker); Whitlatch Clinic (approx. 8.1 miles away); Hillforest (approx. 8.9 miles away); Aurora (approx. 9.1 miles away); History of the Aurora Ferry Co., Inc. (approx. 9.1 miles away); A Historic Road Less Traveled (approx. 9.5 miles away); Lochry's Defeat (approx. 9.5 miles away); General John Morgan (approx. 9.9 miles away).
Categories. • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Al Wolf of Veedersburg, Indiana. This page has been viewed 478 times since then and 17 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on , by Al Wolf of Veedersburg, Indiana. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.