“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Old Forge in Lackawanna County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)

Old Forge

Old Forge Marker image. Click for full size.
August 1, 2011
1. Old Forge Marker
Inscription. On the south bank of the Lackawanna River opposite this spot was located the iron forge built 1789 by Dr. William Smith and James Sutton. This was the region's oldest forge, after which the town was named.
Erected by Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission.
Location. 41° 21.555′ N, 75° 44.773′ W. Marker is in Old Forge, Pennsylvania, in Lackawanna County. Marker is on South Main Street, on the right when traveling north. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Old Forge PA 18518, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Rocky Glen Park (approx. 2 miles away); Twin Shaft Disaster (approx. 2.4 miles away); Erie Railroad Co. v. Tompkins (approx. 2.7 miles away); Keyser Creek (approx. 2.9 miles away); Pittston Fort (approx. 3 miles away); a different marker also named Pittston Fort (approx. 3 miles away); Jenkins Fort (approx. 3.3 miles away); a different marker also named Jenkins' Fort (approx. 3.3 miles away).
Categories. Industry & Commerce
Credits. This page originally submitted on . This page has been viewed 299 times since then and 50 times this year. Photo   1. submitted on . • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.
Paid Advertisement