Near Omaha in Stewart County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Erected 1955 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 128-9.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 32° 3.577′ N, 85° 2.182′ W. Marker is near Omaha, Georgia, in Stewart County. Marker is on Georgia Route 39 2 miles south of Georgia Route 39C, on the right when traveling south. Click for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 5793 Georgia Highway 39, Omaha GA 31821, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 11 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Roanoke (approx. 0.7 miles away); Florence Battle of Shepherd’s Plantation (approx. 3.1 miles away); Fort McCreary – 1836 (approx. 5.9 miles away); Providence United Methodist Church (approx. 7.4 miles away); Rev. David Walker Lowe (approx. 7.7 miles away); Glennville (approx. 9.4 miles away in Alabama); Green Grove Missionary Baptist Church / Green Grove Schoolhouse (approx. 10.9 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Omaha.
Categories. • Forts, Castles • Settlements & Settlers • Wars, US Indian •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 354 times since then and 63 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.