Coulterville in Mariposa County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
In 1936 the building was sold to Louis Milani. Nine years later it became “The Emporium” which offered a large variety of goods.
Erected 1993 by E Clampus Vitus, Matuca Chapter No. 1849 (Erected Clamper Year 5998).
Marker series. This marker is included in the E Clampus Vitus marker series.
Location. 37° 42.685′ N, 120° 11.77′ W. Marker is in Coulterville, California, in Mariposa County. Marker is on Main Steet (County Route J132). Click for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 5008 Main Street, Coulterville CA 95311, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 8 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Jeffery Hotel (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Coulterville (about 400 feet away); a different marker also named Coulterville Whistling Billy (about 400 feet away); Coulterville Hotel (about 500 feet away); Sun Sun Wo Co. (approx. 0.3 miles away); Haigh Ranch (approx. 2.5 miles away); Bagby (approx. 7.8 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Coulterville.
Regarding The Mint. It appears that the structure referred to in this marker no longer exists. The 'building' is a painted facade.
Categories. • Industry & Commerce • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California. This page has been viewed 415 times since then and 63 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on , by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.