Granger in Williamson County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
A parcel of land which later included this cemetery was donated to the community by the S. A. Spiars family sometime prior to the first recorded burial here, that of J. C. Witt on April 22, 1874.
Macedonia residents and businesses began to disperse after the town of Granger was established about two miles east of here in the Missouri, Kansas and Texas Railroad in the early 1880s. Eventually, the last remaining physical evidence of the once-thriving community of Macedonia was this graveyard.
Macedonia Cemetery was abandoned until 1971, when descendants of people buried here formed a cemetery association to restore and preserve the graveyard. The cemetery remains in use and includes the burials of pioneers of this area and their descendants and veterans of the Civil War.
Erected 1994 by the Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 9294.)
Location. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Granger TX 76530, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. A. A. & Mary Spacek House (approx. 2.9 miles away); Saints Cyril and Methodius Catholic Church (approx. 2.9 miles away); Granger Brethren Church (approx. 2.9 miles away); Saints Cyril and Methodius Catholic School (approx. 2.9 miles away); Brick Streets in Granger (approx. 2.9 miles away); Granger City Hall (approx. 3.1 miles away); Young House (approx. 3.2 miles away); Granger High School (approx. 3.4 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Granger.
Categories. • Cemeteries & Burial Sites •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas. This page has been viewed 1,125 times since then and 39 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on , by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.