Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Philadelphia in Philadelphia County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
 

The Concord School House

 
 
The Concord School House Marker image. Click for full size.
By Bill Coughlin, September 3, 2011
1. The Concord School House Marker
Inscription.
Erected by Private Subscription in 1775
Birthplace of the Junior Order
United American Mechanics
by the Institution of Washington Council No 1
May 17th 1853
Erected by Washington Council No 1 Jr-O-U-A-M
May – 1910

 
Erected 1910 by Washington Council No 1 - Junior Order United American Mechanics.
 
Location. 40° 2.624′ N, 75° 10.864′ W. Marker is in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, in Philadelphia County. Marker is on Germantown Avenue north of E Washington Lane, on the right when traveling north. Click for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 6309 Germantown Avenue, Philadelphia PA 19144, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Soldiers of the War of 1812 (a few steps from this marker); Revolutionary Soldiers Buried Here (a few steps from this marker); The Johnson House (within shouting distance of this marker); First Mennonite Church in America (approx. 0.2 miles away); Rittenhouse (approx. 0.2 miles away); Ora Washington (approx. 0.2 miles away); Battle of Germantown (approx. 0.2 miles away); The American Side of the Street (approx. mile away). Click for a list of all markers in Philadelphia.
 
Also see . . .
Marker on Germantown Avenue image. Click for full size.
By Bill Coughlin, September 3, 2011
2. Marker on Germantown Avenue
 Concord School. Historic Germantown website. (Submitted on September 4, 2011, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.) 
 
Categories. Education
 
The Concord School House image. Click for full size.
By Bill Coughlin, Germantown
3. The Concord School House
This school, open from 1775 to 1892, was thr first English language school in Germantown.
 
 
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 294 times since then and 7 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3. submitted on , by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.
Paid Advertisement