Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Port Washington in Ozaukee County, Wisconsin — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
 

Port Washington Light Station

 
 
Port Washington Light Station Marker image. Click for full size.
By Paul Fehrenbach, September 8, 2011
1. Port Washington Light Station Marker
Inscription. This property has been listed in the National Register of Historic Places by the United States Department of the Interior Port Washington Light Station 1860
 
Location. 43° 23.458′ N, 87° 52.066′ W. Marker is in Port Washington, Wisconsin, in Ozaukee County. Marker is at the intersection of Johnson Street and East Van Buren Street, on the right when traveling east on Johnson Street. Click for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 311 Johnson Street, Port Washington WI 53074, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. St. Mary's Church (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Schumacher Building (about 600 feet away); Propeller from the S.S. Badger (about 700 feet away); Port Washington Fire Engine House (approx. 0.2 miles away); The Wisconsin Chair Company Fire (approx. 0.2 miles away); Sidewheel Steamer Niagara (approx. 0.2 miles away); The Wilson House (approx. 0.2 miles away); Wisconsin Street School Bell (approx. 0.2 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Port Washington.
 
More about this marker. NPS Property #99001222 entered 09/29/1999
 
Also see . . .  1860 Light Station - Port Washington Historical Society
Wisconsin State Register of Historic Places plaque image. Click for full size.
By Paul Fehrenbach, September 8, 2011
2. Wisconsin State Register of Historic Places plaque
. (Submitted on September 10, 2011, by Paul Fehrenbach of Germantown, Wisconsin.)
 
Additional keywords. Lighthouses
 
Categories. Notable BuildingsWaterways & Vessels
 
Port Washington Light Station image. Click for full size.
By Paul Fehrenbach, September 8, 2011
3. Port Washington Light Station
Port Washington Light Station image. Click for full size.
By Paul Fehrenbach, September 8, 2011
4. Port Washington Light Station
Port Washington Light Station image. Click for full size.
By Paul Fehrenbach, September 8, 2011
5. Port Washington Light Station
Commemorative Marker near front door image. Click for full size.
By Paul Fehrenbach, September 8, 2011
6. Commemorative Marker near front door
The tower and lantern replaced on the roof of this building by craftsmen from Luxembourg, is a donation by the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg and has been inaugurated on 16th of June, 2002 by Mrs. Ema Hennicot-Schoepges, Minister of Culture of the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg. The construction was directed by the Department of National Sites & Monuments, Director, Georges Calteux, Luxembourg Tripartite Architecture, Kathleen O'Donnell, Chicago, USA Daedalus Engineering, Henry Colbach Heffingen, Luxembourg and executed by Belhomme Carpentry, Huldange, Luxembourg Mario Mutsch & Sons Roofing, Troisvierges, Luxembourg Massard Foundary, Kayl, Luxembourg
Port Washington Light Station image. Click for full size.
By Paul Fehrenbach, September 8, 2011
7. Port Washington Light Station
Life boat and outbuilding
 
 
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Paul Fehrenbach of Germantown, Wisconsin. This page has been viewed 273 times since then and 9 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7. submitted on , by Paul Fehrenbach of Germantown, Wisconsin. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.
Paid Advertisement