Plattsburgh in Clinton County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
The embankment on this spot is all that remains of Fort Brown which constituted the left flank of the American line of defense at the Battle of Plattsburgh September 6-11, 1814 It was manned by detachments of the 30th & 31st Regiments of Infantry under Lieut. Col. Storrs.
Erected by Saranac Chapter Daughters of the American Revolution.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Daughters of the American Revolution marker series.
Location. 44° 41.278′ N, 73° 27.004′ W. Marker is in Plattsburgh, New York, in Clinton County. Marker is on Peru Street (U.S. 9) 0.1 miles south of New Jersey Street, on the right when traveling south. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Plattsburgh NY 12903, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. U.S. Fort Brown (within shouting distance of this marker); Officers' Mess Plattsburgh Barracks (about 700 feet away, measured in a direct line); Memorial Chapel (approx. 0.2 miles away); The Remarkable One-Armed Joe Forkey (approx. 0.2 miles away); Plattsburgh Barracks Veterans Park (approx. Afghanistan and Iraq/ Plattsburgh Barracks Monument (approx. 0.3 miles away); Troop Barracks (approx. 0.3 miles away); Headquarters Plattsburgh Barracks (approx. 0.4 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Plattsburgh.
Categories. • Forts, Castles • War of 1812 •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Joe Harness of Little Egg Harbor, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 425 times since then and 73 times this year. Photos: 1. submitted on , by Joe Harness of Little Egg Harbor, New Jersey. 2. submitted on , by Joe Harness of Little Egg Harbor, New Jersey. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.