Near Fort Gaines in Clay County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Old Cotton Hill Seminary
Erected 1955 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 030-2.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 31° 43.817′ N, 84° 58′ W. Marker is near Fort Gaines, Georgia, in Clay County. Marker is at the intersection of Days Cross Road (County Route 2411) and Cottonhill Road, on the right when traveling east on Days Cross Road. Click for map. The marker is located at the Shiloh Baptist Church, in the small community of Cotton Hill. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1974 Cottonhill Road, Fort Gaines GA 39851, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 10 miles of this marker Mt. Gilead Baptist Church (approx. 4.4 miles away); Toney-Standley House (approx. 7.3 miles away but has been reported missing); New Lowell United Methodist Church / New Lowell School (approx. 7.4 miles away); 1814 Boundary / Founding of Fort Gaines (approx. 8.1 miles away); Oketeyeconne / Chattahoochee Theater (approx. 8.1 miles away); Vilulah Settlement (approx. 9.5 miles away); Historic Sites (approx. 9.9 miles away); Fort Gaines Guards (approx. 9.9 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Fort Gaines.
Categories. • Education • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 410 times since then and 52 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.