Dover in Kent County, Delaware — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Colonel John Haslet
Erected 1932 by Historic Marker Commission.
Location. 39° 9.366′ N, 75° 31.602′ W. Marker is in Dover, Delaware, in Kent County. Marker can be reached from South Governor's Avenue 0.1 miles south of W North Street, on the right when traveling south. Click for map. The marker is located on the left side of the entrance to Meeting House Gallery 1, an archeological museum located in the Old Presbyterian Church. Marker is at or near this postal address: 316 South Governor's Avenue, Dover DE 19904, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. John M. Clayton (here, next to this marker); Old Presbyterian Church (here, next to this marker); Site Of Kent County’s First Presbyterian Church Site of Dover's First Methodist Church (about 700 feet away, measured in a direct line); The Capitol Theater (approx. 0.2 miles away); The Golden Fleece Tavern (approx. 0.2 miles away); In the Council Chamber of Elizabeth Battell's Golden Fleece Tavern (approx. 0.2 miles away); Site of King George’s Tavern (approx. 0.2 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Dover.
Also see . . . Wikipedia entry for John Haslet. (Submitted on January 14, 2008, by Roger Dean Meyer of Yankton, South Dakota.)
Categories. • Colonial Era • Notable Persons • War, US Revolutionary •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Roger Dean Meyer of Yankton, South Dakota. This page has been viewed 2,337 times since then and 26 times this year. Photos: 1. submitted on , by Roger Dean Meyer of Yankton, South Dakota. 2. submitted on , by Roger Dean Meyer of Yankton, South Dakota. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.