King William in King William County, Virginia — The American South (Mid-Atlantic)
A Colonial Church Built in 1734
it was used by various denominations
as a meeting house prior to 1888
when it was sold to the Methodists.
A deed conveying the property is
recorded at King William Court House
Erected 1968 by Interested friends.
Location. 37° 40.819′ N, 77° 3.458′ W. Marker is in King William, Virginia, in King William County. Marker is at the intersection of Acquinton Church Road (Virginia Route 618) and Jacks Creek Road (Route 629), on the left when traveling south on Acquinton Church Road. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: King William VA 23086, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 7 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. King William Training School (approx. 1.7 miles away); King William County Courthouse (approx. 2.5 miles away); King William Confederate Monument (approx. 2.5 miles away); Cockacoeske (approx. 2.8 miles away); Pamunkey Indians (approx. 2.8 miles away); Sharon Indian School (approx. 4.9 miles away); Headquarters of Opechancanough (approx. 5.5 miles away); Rumford Academy (approx. 6.1 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in King William.
Also see . . . A brief history of Acquinton Church. King William Historical Society (Submitted on September 14, 2011, by Bernard Fisher of Mechanicsville, Virginia.)
Categories. • Churches, Etc. • Colonial Era •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Bernard Fisher of Mechanicsville, Virginia. This page has been viewed 347 times since then and 12 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on , by Bernard Fisher of Mechanicsville, Virginia. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.