Nearby Things to See and Do
1. DePoorter Lakeis located off U.S. 385, just south of Julesburg. It offers fishing, picnic tables, restrooms and a wheelchair accessible pathway around the lake.
2. Hippodrome Theatre is newly restored and a source of community pride. This historic theatre, originally built in 1919, is once again providing films and other entertainment.
3. The Depot Museum is a relocated and remodeled Union Pacific Depot. It showcases Indian artifacts, relics from the four Julesburgs and other items of historic significance.
4. The Fort Sedgwick Museum exhibits pioneer and military collections.
5. The Old Ford Garage is filled with photographs of early Julesburg, restored gasoline pumps, old automobiles and other local memorabilia.
6. Meline Swimming Pool Park offers playground equipment all year, and swimming, picnic tables and restrooms during the summer.
7. Railroad Park provides picnic tables, a gazebo, playground equipment and the chance to watch passing trains.
8. Thompson Park has picnic tables and a rock garden.
9. Sedgwick County Golf Course is a nine-hole public golf course, three miles north of Julesburg on Highway 11.
Location. 40° 59.118′ N, 102° 15.869′ W. Marker is in Julesburg
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. The Town that Wouldn't Die (here, next to this marker); Fourth Julesburg (here, next to this marker); Julesburg, Colorado (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Oregon Trail (about 700 feet away); Colorado (approx. ¼ mile away); Prairie Home Companions (approx. one mile away); Last Days of the Buffalo (approx. 1.5 miles away); Colorado's Wildlife Story (approx. 1.5 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Julesburg.
Categories. • Political Subdivisions •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland. This page has been viewed 470 times since then and 24 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on , by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.