The Nebraska State Historical Society
The Society's offices, library, and museum occupied various Lincoln locations until 1953, including the old university library (present Architecture Hall) and the state capitol. This building, designed by Lincoln architect Ellery Davis and funded by a special tax levy, opened in 1953. It is listed in the National Register of Historic Places.
Erected by Nebraska State Historical Society. (Marker Number 436.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Nebraska State Historical Society marker series.
Location. 40° 49.012′ N, 96° 41.995′ W. Marker is in Lincoln, Nebraska, in Lancaster County. Marker is on R. Street just west of 16th Street, on the right when traveling west. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Lincoln NE 68508, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Mammuthus Columbi (approx. ¼ mile away); Mueller Tower at University of Nebraska-Lincoln (approx. ¼ mile away); Pershing Rifles
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland. This page has been viewed 472 times since then and 27 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on , by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.