Saint Joseph in Buchanan County, Missouri — The American Midwest (Upper Plains)
C. B. & Q. 5614 Steam Locomotive
• Built July, 1937 in West Burlington,
Iowa by C.B.&Q. at a cost of $99,285.00
• Weight 288 Tons or 576,000 lbs.
• Class 0-5-B Northern Type
• Used in Passenger and Freight Service
• Later Improvements Totaled $107,525.00
• Retired from Active Service September, 1957
• Donated to the City of St. Joseph
April 27, 1962 by Burlington Northern Rail Road
• Corporation formed and stock sold to
raise money to pay for moving the Locomotive
into it's [sic] present location
• The history and development of American
railroads dictated the strength of steel rails.
• Pounds per three (3) ft. length identify
the size of the rail.
• Only a few of the sizes are displayed here.
Location. 39° 45.416′ N, 94° 50.921′ W. Marker is in Saint Joseph, Missouri, in Buchanan County. Marker is on 10th Street near Seneca Street, on the left when traveling north. Click for map. Markers and locomotive are in Patee Park. Marker is in this post office area: Saint Joseph MO 64503, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. The First Pony Express (within shouting distance of this marker); The Civil War in St. Joseph (within shouting distance Patee Park Baptist Church (within shouting distance of this marker); Saint Joseph (within shouting distance of this marker); Patee Town (within shouting distance of this marker); Patee House - 1858 (approx. 0.2 miles away); Patee House (approx. 0.2 miles away); The Patee House In The Civil War (approx. 0.2 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Saint Joseph.
Also see . . .
1. CB&Q "Northern" Steam Locomotive Specs. (Submitted on September 23, 2011, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
2. About the Chicago, Burlington & Quincy Railroad. (Submitted on September 23, 2011, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
Categories. • Railroads & Streetcars •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 771 times since then and 39 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7. submitted on , by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.