Midway High School
Midway School, established on this site in 1923 with grades 1-11, served Cassatt and other rural areas in Kershaw County near U.S. Hwy. 1 from Little Lynches River to the Shepard community. The high school later added grade 12, then closed in 1966, after forty-three years of service to the area.
Midway Elementary School continues to operate at this site. The original Midway School building, constructed in 1923, was demolished in 1976 to make way for a new building at Midway Elementary; only its cornerstone survives. A separate gymnasium, built after World War II, still stands.
Erected 1998 by Midway School Reunion. (Marker Number 28-9.)
Location. 34° 20.999′ N, 80° 29.741′ W. Marker is in Cassatt, South Carolina, in Kershaw County. Marker is on U.S. 1 0.1 miles east of Hall Road, on the left when traveling north. Click for map. In front of the Elementary School. Marker is in this post office area: Cassatt SC 29032, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 7 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. West's Crossroads / Donald H. Holland House (approx. 2.7 miles away); Camp Welfare (approx. 5.8 miles away); Shots in the Dark
Categories. • Education •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Anna Inbody of Columbia, South Carolina. This page has been viewed 285 times since then and 52 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on , by Anna Inbody of Columbia, South Carolina. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.