Cochran in Bleckley County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Erected 1985 by Georgia Historical Commission (1953-1971) or its successor, the Georgia Department of Natural Resources (1972-1998). (Marker Number 012-1.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 32° 23.233′ N, 83° 21.333′ W. Marker is in Cochran, Georgia, in Bleckley County. Marker is on 2nd Street (U.S. 23). Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Cochran GA 31014, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 10 miles of this Dedicated to the Memory of James (Jim) Earnest Cook (a few steps from this marker); Sgt. John F. Conner, Sr. (a few steps from this marker); Lucian A. Whipple (within shouting distance of this marker); In Memory of Perry L. Johnson (within shouting distance of this marker); Uchee Path (approx. 0.6 miles away); Evergreen Baptist Church (approx. 4.8 miles away); Longstreet Methodist Church (approx. 6.8 miles away); Old Hartford (approx. 9.3 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Cochran.
Categories. • Political Subdivisions •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Charles Smith of Milledgeville, Baldwin Georgia. This page has been viewed 522 times since then and 27 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on , by Charles Smith of Milledgeville, Baldwin Georgia. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.