Southport in Brunswick County, North Carolina — The American South (South Atlantic)
Erected 1988 by Division of Archives and History. (Marker Number D-89.)
Location. 33° 55.045′ N, 78° 1.033′ W. Marker is in Southport, North Carolina, in Brunswick County. Marker is on East Bay Street east of South Davis Street, on the left when traveling east. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Southport NC 28461, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Bald Head Lighthouse (a few steps from this marker); Fort Johnston (a few steps from this marker); a different marker also named Fort Johnston (within shouting distance of this marker); a different marker also named Fort Johnston (within shouting distance of this marker); (Map of the First 100 Lots) (within shouting distance of this marker); Mrs. Jessie Stevens Taylor (within shouting distance of this marker); Catalino Tingzon (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Southport’s First Fire Alarm (approx. 0.2 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Southport.
More about this marker. “Here”
Also see . . . History of North Carolina, 1771 to 1776. Chapter 9 in John H. Wheeler’s 1851 book Historical Sketches of North Carolina From 1584 to 1851. (Submitted on January 17, 2008.)
Categories. • Colonial Era • War, US Revolutionary •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by J. J. Prats of Springfield, Virginia. This page has been viewed 1,595 times since then and 18 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on , by J. J. Prats of Springfield, Virginia. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.