Saugus in Essex County, Massachusetts — The American Northeast (New England)
Erected 1930 by Massachusetts Bay Colony-Tercentenary Commission.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Massachusetts Bay Colony—Tercentenary Commission Markers marker series.
Location. 42° 29.397′ N, 71° 1.085′ W. Marker is in Saugus, Massachusetts, in Essex County. Marker is on Walnut Street (Massachusetts Route 129) just east of Broadway (U.S. 1), on the left when traveling east. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Saugus MA 01906, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Appleton's Pulpit (approx. 1.4 miles away); The Forge (approx. 1.5 miles away); Making Iron (approx. 1.5 miles away); The Casting House (approx. 1.5 miles away); Blacksmith Shop (approx. 1.5 miles away); Iron Works (approx. 1.5 miles away but has been reported missing); River Basin Terminus (approx. 1.5 miles away); The Scotch House (approx. 1.6 miles away but has been reported missing). Click for a list of all markers in Saugus.
Also see . . . Historical Markers Erected by Massachusetts Bay Colony Tercentenary Commission (1930) (Submitted on October 10, 2011, by Russell Chaffee Bixby of Bernardston, Massachusetts.)
Categories. • Colonial Era • Notable Persons •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Russell Chaffee Bixby of Bernardston, Massachusetts. This page has been viewed 673 times since then and 11 times this year. Photos: 1. submitted on , by Russell Chaffee Bixby of Bernardston, Massachusetts. 2. submitted on , by J. Makali Bruton of Querétaro, Mexico. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.