Fort Gaines in Clay County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Erected 1957 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 030-6.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 31° 36.314′ N, 85° 3.282′ W. Marker is in Fort Gaines, Georgia, in Clay County. Marker can be reached from Extension of Bluff Street 0.1 miles south of Carroll Street. Click for map. The marker is located on an unnamed road from Bluff Street to the Frontier Village. Marker is in this post office area: Fort Gaines GA 39851, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. The 1836 Fort (about 300 feet away, measured In the Confederacy (about 300 feet away); The Old Lattice Bridge (about 400 feet away); Old Pioneer Cemetery (about 700 feet away); Site of Fort Gaines Female College (approx. 0.2 miles away); Chattahoochee River Crossing (approx. 0.3 miles away in Alabama); Franklin - First Beachhead into East Alabama (approx. 0.3 miles away in Alabama); Fort Gaines Guards (approx. 0.3 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Fort Gaines.
Categories. • Forts, Castles • Wars, US Indian •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 497 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.