Eufaula in Barbour County, Alabama — The American South (East South Central)
Incorporated, December 19, 1857
óBluﬀ City on the Chattahoochee. ó
Hub of a prosperous plantation region with thriving river trade, many ante bellum homes remain as signs of its wealth and culture.
After becoming an inland port in 1963, industries began locating here.
Erected 1967 by Alabama Historical Association.
Location. 31° 54.015′ N, 85° 8.751′ W. Marker is in Eufaula, Alabama, in Barbour County. Marker is on North Eufaula Avenue (U.S. 431) 0.1 miles north of Shorter Street, in the median. Click for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 640 North Eufaula Avenue, Eufaula AL 36027, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Old Negro Cemetery / Fairview Cemetery (approx. 0.3 miles away); Hart House (approx. 0.4 miles away); First Presbyterian Church (approx. 0.4 miles away); Central Railroad of Georgia Freight Depot (approx. 0.6 miles away); Eufaula First United Methodist Church (approx. First Baptist Church of Eufaula (approx. 0.6 miles away); General Griersonís March (approx. 0.6 miles away); Cowikee Cotton Mills (approx. 0.6 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Eufaula.
Categories. • Political Subdivisions •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Sandra Hughes of Killen, Usa. This page has been viewed 738 times since then and 13 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on , by Sandra Hughes of Killen, Usa. 5, 6, 7. submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.