Lancaster in Worcester County, Massachusetts — The American Northeast (New England)
1630 - 1930
Erected 1930 by Massachusetts Bay Colony-Tercentenary Commission.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Massachusetts Bay Colony—Tercentenary Commission Markers marker series.
Location. 42° 26.579′ N, 71° 43.115′ W. Marker is in Lancaster, Massachusetts, in Worcester County. Marker is on Sterling Road (Massachusetts Route 62) just east of Clinton Road, on the right when traveling east. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Lancaster MA 01523, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 8 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Rowlandson Rock (approx. 0.9 miles away); Mary Sawyer’s Birthplace (approx. 1.2 miles away); a different marker also named Rowlandson Rock (approx. 1.6 miles away); "Mary Had a Little Lamb" (approx. 2.1 miles away); Site of Mary Rowlandson’s Capture (approx. 2.3 miles away); Site of the Great Elm (approx. 2.6 miles away); Birthplace of Johnny Appleseed (approx. 5 miles away); Old Parsonage (approx. 7.8 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Lancaster.
Also see . . . Tercentenary Commission Markers. Original 1930 publication by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts of Tercentenary Commission Markers, commemorating the three hundredth anniversary of the Massachusetts Bay Colony. (Submitted on June 27, 2011, by Russell Chaffee Bixby of Bernardston, Massachusetts.)
Categories. • Colonial Era • Industry & Commerce •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Russell Chaffee Bixby of Bernardston, Massachusetts. This page has been viewed 509 times since then and 10 times this year. Last updated on , by Russell Chaffee Bixby of Bernardston, Massachusetts. Photo 1. submitted on , by Russell Chaffee Bixby of Bernardston, Massachusetts. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.