Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Sudbury in Middlesex County, Massachusetts — The American Northeast (New England)
 

The Goodnow Garrison House

1630 - 1930

 
 
The Goodnow Garrison House Marker image. Click for full size.
By Russell C. Bixby, August 5, 2011
1. The Goodnow Garrison House Marker
Inscription. Portion of the Goodenow Garrison House in which the settlers took refuge from King Philip's Indians during the battle of April 18-21, 1676.
 
Erected 1930 by Massachusetts Bay Colony-Tercentenary Commission.
 
Marker series. This marker is included in the Massachusetts Bay Colony—Tercentenary Commission Markers marker series.
 
Location. 42° 21.745′ N, 71° 23.847′ W. Marker is in Sudbury, Massachusetts, in Middlesex County. Marker is on Boston Post Road (U.S. 20) just west of Goodmans Hill Road, on the left when traveling west. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Sudbury MA 01776, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Sudbury (approx. mile away); Hop Brook Mill (approx. 0.9 miles away); Sudbury Fight (approx. one mile away); First Town Center (approx. 1.5 miles away); Knox Trail (approx. 1.6 miles away); Gen. Henry Knox Trail (approx. 2.2 miles away); Washington at the Wayside Inn (approx. 3.7 miles away); Pike Haven Homestead (approx. 4.3 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Sudbury.
 
Also see . . .
1. Historical Markers Erected by Massachusetts Bay Colony Tercentenary Commission (1930). Original 1930 publication by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts of Tercentenary Commission Markers, commemorating the three hundredth anniversary of the Massachusetts Bay Colony. (Submitted on August 6, 2011, by Russell Chaffee Bixby of Bernardston, Massachusetts.) 

2. Sudbury Historical Society. The Sudbury Historical Society is dedicated to bringing the rich history of the Sudbury Plantation into the lives and activities of the people of Sudbury. We collect, preserve and and communicate the history of Sudbury, Massachusetts. Founded in 1956, and incorporating the earlier Goodman Society, the Society maintains its offices and collections on the second floor of Sudbury Town Hall. (Submitted on September 10, 2011, by Russell Chaffee Bixby of Bernardston, Massachusetts.) 
 
Categories. Colonial EraNative Americans
 
 
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Russell Chaffee Bixby of Bernardston, Massachusetts. This page has been viewed 680 times since then and 33 times this year. Last updated on , by Russell Chaffee Bixby of Bernardston, Massachusetts. Photo   1. submitted on , by Russell Chaffee Bixby of Bernardston, Massachusetts. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.
Paid Advertisement