Hardscrabble in Sussex County, Delaware — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Asbury United Methodist Church
Following damage by fire, the aforementioned structure was replaced by the present building in 1857. There have been several major renovations of the sanctuary since that time. The Church School addition was completed in 1957. Construction of the Community Building was commenced after additional property was given to the church by William E. and Julia J. Tyndall in 1947. The Community Building was expanded following the purchase of adjoining land in 1958. A short distance away was the location of Tindallís Camp Meeting Ground.
Erected 1998 by The Delaware Public Archives. (Marker Number SC 123.)
Location. 38° 37.633′ N, 75° 28.367′ W. Marker is in Hardscrabble Click for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 2614 Asbury Road, Georgetown DE 19947, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 6 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Hardscrabble (approx. 0.8 miles away); Concord United Methodist Church (approx. 4.4 miles away); Cokesbury Church (approx. 4.5 miles away); Providence United Methodist Church (approx. 4.6 miles away); Pilot Town (approx. 4.9 miles away); Trinity Methodist Church (approx. 5.4 miles away); Nathaniel Mitchell (approx. 5.7 miles away); Old Christ Church (approx. 5.8 miles away).
Also see . . . Francis Asbury, from Wikipedia. Bishop Francis Asbury (August 20, 1745 – March 31, 1816) was one of the first two bishops of the Methodist Episcopal Church, now The United Methodist Church in the United States. (Submitted on October 27, 2011, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina.)
Categories. • Churches, Etc. •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. This page has been viewed 326 times since then and 7 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on , by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.