Georgetown in Sussex County, Delaware — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Georgetown Presbyterian Church
The building was extensively renovated in 1934, when the church was raised and a basement level added. The structure was expanded in 1954 with the construction of a church school addition. A brick veneer exterior was added at that time. A major expansion project was undertaken in 1999 with the addition of a Fellowship Hall and Christian Education facilities. The new wing was formally dedicated by the congregation in 2001.
Erected 2002 by The Delaware Public Archives. (Marker Number SC- 133.)
Location. 38° 41.532′ N, 75° 23.312′ W. Marker is in Georgetown, Delaware, in Sussex County. Marker is on North Bedford Street, on the right when traveling south. Click for map. Located between Edward and James Streets. Marker is at or near this postal address: 203 North Bedford Street, Georgetown DE 19947, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. Georgetown Train Station (approx. 0.2 miles away); Wesley United Methodist (approx. 0.2 miles away); Sussex County Korean War Memorial (approx. 0.2 miles away); “Pettijohn’s Old Field” (approx. 0.2 miles away); Sussex County Courthouse (approx. 0.2 miles away); Relocation of the County Seat (approx. 0.2 miles away); The Brick Hotel (approx. 0.2 miles away); George Alfred Townsend Birthplace (approx. 0.2 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Georgetown.
Categories. • Churches, Etc. •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. This page has been viewed 220 times since then and 40 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on , by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.