The Trolley Station at Bayshore Park
—Trolleys Helped Build Our Parks —
Each day the first Bayshore Park trolley left for Baltimore at 6:40 am, and the last trolley left the park at 11:15 pm. A trolley stopped at Howard and Franklin streets every hour, starting at 7:00 am, to take passengers to the Park. From 1906-1942, round trip fare was 30 cents.
The trolley station at Bayshore Park is 208 feet long. Many of the features incorporated into the trolley station design were the same ones used in the design of a streetcar. For example, the station has the same number of spaces between posts as there are windows on a trolley. The station was restored to its original design in 1997 by the Department of Natural Resources in-house staff.
Location. 39° 12.39′ N, 76° 25.508′ W. Marker is in Edgemere, Maryland, in Baltimore County. Marker is on Bay Shore Road, on the right when traveling west. Click for map. Marker can be seen from Bay Shore Road, but the road is not open to traffic. To access, visitors must park in the lot and walk. Marker is in this post office area: Sparrows Point MD 21219, United States of America.
Other nearby markers.
Categories. • Railroads & Streetcars •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Bob Marshall of Baltimore, Maryland. This page has been viewed 481 times since then and 12 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on , by Bob Marshall of Baltimore, Maryland. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.