Designed by architect A.C. Ewart, the building cost $35,000 in 1896. The brick structure has stone dressing and sheet metal decoration. It was renovated in 1972 as the headquarters for Capital Regional District.
This illustration is from Simon Leiser &Co.ís letterhead. The two right-hand bays of the building may never have been built.
Erected by British Columbia Heritage Trust.
Location. 48° 25.615′ N, 123° 22.175′ W. Marker is in Victoria, British Columbia, in Capital Regional District. Marker is at the intersection of Yates Street and Waddington Alley on Yates Street. Click for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 524 Yates Street, Victoria, British Columbia V8W, Canada.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Waddington Alley (here, next to this marker); S.J. Pitts, Importer (a few steps from this marker); Thomas Earle Warehouse (a few steps from this marker); The Oriental Hotel
Categories. • Industry & Commerce • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California. This page has been viewed 462 times since then and 3 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on , by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.