Near Jeffersonville in Twiggs County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Geographic Center of Georgia
The central point is one-quarter mile south-southeast of the Junction of Turvin and Savage Creeks in Twiggs County and about seventeen and one-half miles southeast of Macon. The Geologic Survey Branch of the Department of Natural Resources determined the central point to be at latitude 32° 38´ 46" N., longitude 83° 25´ 54" W.
Erected 1981 by Georgia Department of Natural Resources. (Marker Number 143-11.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 32° 39.717′ N, 83° 26.233′ W. Marker is near Jeffersonville, Georgia, in Twiggs County. Marker is at the intersection of Jeffersonville-Bullard Road and Marion Road, on the right when traveling east on Jeffersonville-Bullard Road. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Jeffersonville GA 31044, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 9 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Marion (within shouting distance of this marker); Richland Baptist Church Arthur Fort, 1750-1833 (approx. 4.1 miles away); Ezekiel Wimberley (approx. 5.6 miles away); Twiggs County (approx. 5.6 miles away); Stone Creek Baptist Church - 1808 (approx. 7.6 miles away); Tarversville (approx. 8.4 miles away); Rev. Vincent A. Tharp Home (1809) (approx. 9 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Jeffersonville.
Regarding Geographic Center of Georgia. The GPS location described on the marker as the geographic center of Georgia is in the eastbound lane of Interstate 16.
Categories. • Natural Features •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 4,907 times since then and 15 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.