Stanford in Lincoln County, Kentucky — The American South (East South Central)
Wilderness Road - Loganís Station
Loganís Station established May 1, 1775. Also known as St. Asaph, the fort quickly became an important frontier settlement. In May 1775, residents sent representatives to Boonesborough to assist in the formation of the proprietary government of Transylvania. Loganís Fort later became the town of Stanford.
Erected 2005 by Presented by the Lincoln Co. Historical Soc. and erected by the Kentucky Historical Society, Kentucky Department of Highways. (Marker Number 2177.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Kentucky Historical Society marker series.
Location. 37° 31.762′ N, 84° 39.702′ W. Marker is in Stanford, Kentucky, in Lincoln County. Marker is on Main Street (Business U.S. 150) near Lancaster Street, on the right when traveling west. Click for map. Marker is at the southwest corner of the courthouse lawn. Marker is in this post office area: Stanford KY 40484, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. County Named, 1780 (within shouting distance of this marker); Earliest Church (approx. 0.2 miles away); Logan's Station or St. Asaph (approx. 0.3 miles away); Ottenheim (approx. 5.3 miles away); Pleasant Retreat (approx. 7.1 miles away); Buford-Salter House (approx. 7.6 miles away); Garrard County, 1797 (approx. 7.7 miles away); First Presbyterian Church (approx. 7.7 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Stanford.
Categories. • Forts, Castles • Roads & Vehicles • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Forest McDermott of Masontown, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 459 times since then and 2 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on , by Forest McDermott of Masontown, Pennsylvania. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.