Seaford in Sussex County, Delaware — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Mount Olivet United Methodist Church
A new frame church was built in 1862. As a consequence of continued growth, the construction of the present brick building was initiated in 1897. The new church was dedicated on June 5, 1898. Numerous additions have been made since that time. In 1911 a pipe organ was added with a third of the cost being given by the famous industrialist and philanthropist, Andrew Carnegie.
In 1962 the sactuary was remodeled and enlarged. The original stained glass was preserved in the new sanctuary. The Chapel still retains much of its original appearance.
Erected 1998 by Delaware Public Archives. (Marker Number SC-126.)
Location. 38° 38.468′ N, 75° 36.7′ W. Marker is in Seaford Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Seaford DE 19973, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Seaford Fire Department (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Old Seaford Post Office (about 600 feet away); St. John's United Methodist Church (approx. 0.2 miles away); The Delaware Railroad (approx. 0.2 miles away); Governor William H. H. Ross (approx. 0.2 miles away); St. Luke's Episcopal Church (approx. ¼ mile away); Forty & Eight Boxcar (approx. ¼ mile away); Nanticoke Post No. 6 (approx. 0.3 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Seaford.
Categories. • Churches, Etc. •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by F. Robby of Baltimore, Maryland. This page has been viewed 1,284 times since then and 52 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on , by F. Robby of Baltimore, Maryland. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.