Near Chadds Ford in Delaware County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Colonial home of William Brinton
—National Register of Historic Places —
Has been designated a
Under the provisions of the
Historic Sites Act of August 21, 1935
this site possesses exceptional value
in commemorating or illustrating
the History of the United States
U.S. Department of the Interior
National Park Service
Erected 1968 by U.S. Department of the Interior - National Park Service.
Location. 39° 53.754′ N, 75° 33.664′ W. Marker is near Chadds Ford, Pennsylvania, in Delaware County. Marker is on Oakland Road, on the left when traveling south. Click for map. According to various links this house in in three different towns. 1. West Chester, PA 19382. 2. Chadds Ford PA 19317. 3. Dilworthtown, PA 19382. Marker is at or near this postal address: 21 Oakland Road, Chadds Ford PA 19317, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Battle of Brandywine (approx. 0.4 miles away); Dilworthtown (approx. 0.4 miles away); William Darlington Birthplace (approx. 0.9 miles away); Brandywine Battlefield A Commonwealth Treasure Sandy Hollow (approx. 1.1 miles away); Gideon Gilpin House (approx. 1.6 miles away); The National Arborist Association (approx. 1.6 miles away); Lafayette’s Headquarters (approx. 1.6 miles away but has been reported missing). Click for a list of all markers in Chadds Ford.
More about this marker. This marker is on the stone stairs in the front yard of 1704 House. These stairs were used to enter and exit Horse drawn Carriages.
Also see . . .
1. William Brinton House – Wikipedia. (Submitted on December 1, 2011, by Keith S Smith of West Chester, Pennsylvania.)
2. Visit the 1704 House - a Brandywine Treasure. (Submitted on December 1, 2011, by Keith S Smith of West Chester, Pennsylvania.)
3. Brinton Association of America. (Submitted on December 1, 2011, by Keith S Smith of West Chester, Pennsylvania.)
1. William Brinton House / Battle of Brandywine
The William Brinton 1704 House is one of about 14 structures in the Brandywine area that stood as a witness to the battle that occurred there
The William Brinton 1704 House was restored to its original state in the 1950s.
— Submitted December 1, 2011, by Keith S Smith of West Chester, Pennsylvania.
Categories. • Colonial Era • Notable Buildings • Settlements & Settlers • War, US Revolutionary •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Keith S Smith of West Chester, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 622 times since then and 6 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on , by Keith S Smith of West Chester, Pennsylvania. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.