Bridgeville in Sussex County, Delaware — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Through a land grant from Charles Calvert,
The third Lord Baron of Baltimore
Originally referred to as
Later known as
until January 3, 1871, thereafter named
and was incorporated on March 29, 1871
The Bridge Bicentennial Committee presents
this memorial garden to the town of Bridgeville
on July 4, 1976, in commemoration of our nations
Location. 38° 44.655′ N, 75° 35.946′ W. Marker is in Bridgeville, Delaware, in Sussex County. Marker is on North Main Street (Business Delaware Route 404) near Market Street, on the right when traveling north. Click for map. Located at Bridgeville Town Hall. Marker is in this post office area: Bridgeville DE 19933, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Edward Redfield (approx. 0.2 miles away); Sudler House (approx. 0.2 miles away); Site of Jacobs School #143 (approx. 1.8 miles away); Seaford Hundred (approx. 3.4 miles away); St. Johnstown Methodist Church Hearn's Pond (approx. 4.5 miles away); Cannon-Maston House (approx. 4.7 miles away); Chaplain's Chapel United Methodist Church (approx. 4.8 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Bridgeville.
Categories. • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. This page has been viewed 367 times since then and 10 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on , by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.