Schenectady in Schenectady County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Revolutionary Hospital & Continental Barracks
During the Revolutionary War
The General Hospital For The
Northern Department, And The
Built By Order Of
General Washington In Nov.
1776, And used Until 1780 By
Troops Passing Through Or
Stationed In This Town.
A Burial Ground For Soldiers
Occupied The Rear of The Lot
This Tablet Erected by
The State Of New York And
Col. Cornelius Van Dyck Chapter
Sons Of The American Revolution
June 4, 1927
Erected 1927 by New York State & Colonel Cornelius Van Dyck Chapter Sons Of The American Revolution.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Sons of the American Revolution marker series.
Location. 42° 48.947′ N, 73° 56.18′ W. Marker is in Schenectady, New York, in Schenectady County. Marker is at the intersection of Union Street and Lafayette Street, on the right when traveling east on Union Street. Click for map. The Marker is on the lawn in front of the former German ME Church at the corner of Union Street & Lafayette Street. Marker is at or near this postal address: 620 Union Street, Schenectady NY 12305, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 Schenectady Police Department (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); Schenectady's Little Italy (about 700 feet away); Ellis Hospital (approx. 0.2 miles away); Schenectady (approx. 0.2 miles away); The Site of Schenectady (approx. 0.2 miles away); Original Site of the African Church (approx. 0.2 miles away); Stockade Historic District (approx. 0.3 miles away); West College (approx. 0.3 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Schenectady.
Categories. • War, US Revolutionary •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Howard C. Ohlhous of Duanesburg, New York. This page has been viewed 420 times since then and 31 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on , by Howard C. Ohlhous of Duanesburg, New York. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.