Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Milwaukee in Milwaukee County, Wisconsin — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
 

O.C. Hansen Glove and Mitten Mfg. Co.

Historic Third Ward

 
 
O.C. Hansen Glove and Mitten Mfg. Co. Marker image. Click for full size.
By Paul Fehrenbach, July 29, 2011
1. O.C. Hansen Glove and Mitten Mfg. Co. Marker
Inscription.
This property has been
placed on the
National Register
of Historic Places

O.C. Hansen Glove and Mitten Mfg. Co.
Designed by
Ferry and Clas

Tour Site 8
1911
(Marker Number 8.)
 
Location. 43° 2.094′ N, 87° 54.374′ W. Marker is in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, in Milwaukee County. Marker is at the intersection of North Milwaukee Street and East St Paul Avenue, on the right when traveling south on North Milwaukee Street. Click for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 341 N Milwaukee St, Milwaukee WI 53202, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Otto Kuehn Leaf Tobacco Warehouse (within shouting distance of this marker); Standard Paper Co. (within shouting distance of this marker); Broadway Produce Co. (within shouting distance of this marker); Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); E.R. Godfrey & Sons Co. Commission House (about 300 feet away); Kalvelage Wholesale Commission House (about 300 feet away); Phoenix Knitting Co. Plant #6 (about 300 feet away); Jewett & Sherman Co. Merchant Mill (about 400 feet away). Click for a list of all markers in Milwaukee.
 
Regarding O.C. Hansen Glove and Mitten Mfg. Co..
O.C. Hansen Glove and Mitten Mfg. Co. image. Click for full size.
By Paul Fehrenbach, July 29, 2011
2. O.C. Hansen Glove and Mitten Mfg. Co.
In 1911, Ferry and Clas designed the O.C. Hansen Manufacturing Co. who specialized in "Built Like a Hand" gloves for motoring, driving, dress, work, and general wear. They occupied the building through 1919. From 1946 to 1973 it provided offices for the Veterans Administration, and served as an Army induction center. Today, the building is undergoing renovations to become office and restaurant space. -Historic Third Ward Walking Tour brochure
 
Also see . . .  Historic Third Ward - Take A Tour. Historic Third Ward Association (Submitted on December 18, 2011, by Paul Fehrenbach of Germantown, Wisconsin.) 
 
Categories. Notable Buildings
 
 
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Paul Fehrenbach of Germantown, Wisconsin. This page has been viewed 688 times since then and 28 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on , by Paul Fehrenbach of Germantown, Wisconsin. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.
Paid Advertisement