Calexico in Imperial County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
Erected 1965 by California State Park Commission in cooperation with the City of Calexico and the John P. Squibob Chapter No. 1853, E Clampus Vitus. (Marker Number 808.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the California Historical Landmarks, and the E Clampus Vitus marker series.
Location. 32° 40.201′ N, 115° 29.595′ W. Marker is in Calexico, California, in Imperial County. Marker is at the intersection of East 5th Street and Heber Avenue, on the right when traveling west on East 5th Street. Click for map. Marker is located south of Rockwood Plaza. Marker is at or near this postal address: 400 Block of East 5th Street, Calexico CA 92231, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 11 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Calexico Carnegie Library (within shouting distance of this marker); Hotel De Anza (approx. 0.2 miles away); United States Inspection Station Camacho's Place and Café (approx. 7.4 miles away); Women's 10,000 Club (approx. 9.2 miles away); Site of Rancho El Tecolote (approx. 9.9 miles away); Harold Bell Wright (approx. 9.9 miles away); McConnell Ranch (approx. 10.5 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Calexico.
Categories. • Exploration • Forts, Castles • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Michael Kindig of Long Beach, California. This page has been viewed 514 times since then and 25 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on , by Michael Kindig of Long Beach, California. 3. submitted on , by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.