The main hangar was used to house aircraft that were being fitted with various types of rocket launchers. The attached building was used as the machine shop to build and modify weapon systems, and the small structure nearby was the heating plant. Hangar 1301 is now the home of the Air Mobility Command Museum. The original concrete ramp now serves as the outside display park for the museum. The hangar complex was listed in the National Register of Historic Places in 1994.
Erected 2002 by Delaware Public Archives. (Marker Number KC-68.)
Location. 39° 7.144′ N, 75° 27.4′ W. Marker is in Dover, Delaware, in Kent County. Marker is on Heritage Drive. Click for map. Located off of Rt. 9, within
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Commemoration Park (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); T-33A Shooting Star (about 400 feet away); Byfield (approx. 0.7 miles away); Home of John Dickinson (approx. 1.1 miles away); The St. Jones River: Why the Mansion Faces South (approx. 1.3 miles away); St. Jones Neck (approx. 1.4 miles away); Kitts Hummock (approx. 3.1 miles away); Old Stone Tavern (approx. 3.2 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Dover.
Also see . . . Air Mobility Command Museum - Dover Air Force Base. (Submitted on December 19, 2011, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland.)
Categories. • Air & Space • War, Cold • War, World II •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Nate Davidson of Salisbury, Maryland. This page has been viewed 528 times since then and 22 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on , by Nate Davidson of Salisbury, Maryland. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.