New Orleans in Orleans Parish, Louisiana — The American South (West South Central)
Built in 1857 for Albert Hamilton Brevard
Charles Pride, builder
Owned by Brevard heirs until 1869 purchased then by Emory Clapp, who added the library wing on the left. It remained in the Clapp family until 1935.
It was then owned and occupied by the families of Dr. Frank Brostrom from 1935 to 1947, Judge John Minor Wisdom from 1947 to 1972, and John A. Mmahat from 1972 to 1988.
Purchased in 1989 by the novelist Ann Rice and her husband, the poet and painter Stan Rice.
Erected 1991 by New Orleans Landmarks Commission.
Location. 29° 55.782′ N, 90° 4.814′ W. Marker is in New Orleans, Louisiana, in Orleans Parish. Marker is on First Street near Chestnut Street. Click for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1239 First Street, New Orleans LA 70130, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. The Manse (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Jefferson Davis (about 500 feet away); Edward A. Davis House (approx. 0.2 miles away); Bradish Johnson House (approx. 0.2 miles away); Gilmour – Parker House (approx. 0.2 miles away); Adams – Jones House Trinity Church Episcopal (approx. 0.2 miles away); Goldsmith-Godchaux House (approx. 0.2 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in New Orleans.
Also see . . . Anne Rice - Wikipedia. (Submitted on January 11, 2012, by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California.)
Additional keywords. Anne Rice
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California. This page has been viewed 455 times since then and 3 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on , by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.