Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Winnsboro in Franklin Parish, Louisiana — The American South (West South Central)
 

Franklin Parish

 
 
Franklin Parish Marker image. Click for full size.
By Jeff Lovorn, December 21, 2011
1. Franklin Parish Marker
Inscription. Franklin Parish was created on March 1, 1843, from portions of Ouachita, Catahoula, and Madison Parishes by Act 41 of the State Legislature sponsored by John Winn. Land for the centrally-located Parish Seat, "Winnsborough," was purchased in 1844 and the first courthouse was built here on a favorite site of bear hunters.
 
Erected 1976 by Franklin Parish Bicentennial Commission.
 
Location. 32° 9.925′ N, 91° 42.825′ W. Marker is in Winnsboro, Louisiana, in Franklin Parish. Marker is at the intersection of Main Street (State Highway 4) and Pine Street (State Highway 865), on the right when traveling west on Main Street. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Winnsboro LA 71295, United States of America.
 
Categories. Settlements & Settlers
 
Franklin Parish Marker image. Click for full size.
By Jeff Lovorn, December 21, 2011
2. Franklin Parish Marker
 
 
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Jeff Lovorn of Florence, Mississippi. This page has been viewed 678 times since then and 34 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on , by Jeff Lovorn of Florence, Mississippi. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on January 8, 2017.
Paid Advertisement